Monday, June 2, 2008

Things I Want To Be When Grow Up

(In alphabetical order)

Authentic
...
Caring
...
Disciple
...
Empathetic
...
Genuine
...
Graceful
...
Honest
...
Loving
...
Reflective
...
Transparent
...
Wise
...

What I did not put up on that list were the words "Happy" or "Selfish."  Odd, really.  I say that because I want to be all those things listed above because I hope/believe that embodying those characteristics will bring me a life and guide me down a path that makes me "Happy" or is at least "Fulfilling."  That seems like an awfully "Selfish" motivation, doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. it seems that wisdom ought to lead to "happiness"

    or maybe it results in humility...either way, i think we are both finding out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list is full of selfless desires. The fact that you want THEM makes you less selfish.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. happiness is kind of an elusive concept...

    i think "fulfilling" might even be more attainable...

    because unfortunately, life isn't always logical...look at job. he did all the right things, added them up, and then was stripped of everything he knew...

    BUT God is always working for good...that is the cosmic trump card...the hope of all creation.

    ReplyDelete