Monday, June 23, 2008

Blissful Moments

I just finished a book called Soul Cravings by Erwin McManus.  I absolutely loved it.

You all know that I will, of course, post a huge blog containing all my favorite quotes from the book (of which there are a TON), but for now I just want to focus on one quote.
...

"Have you ever experienced an entirely blissful moment? A moment when everything was right in the world? Can you remember how you didn't have a care in the world? Or at least so it seemed. I've had many times like this. And ironically it wasn't because everything in life was exactly as I wanted. I have never had that moment--maybe because my expectations are too high. But what I did have was a wonderful sense of optimism. When you lack hope, you feel powerless to change anything and certain that nothing will change. When you have hope, you are able to see the beauty and potential of every circumstance. Life is filled with wonder. Hope empowers us to pursue our dreams."
...

I know EXACTLY what moments he is talking about in that paragraph. I love those moments so much; those are my favorite moments in life. Those are the moments where I really do feel happy.

I miss those moments. I haven't had moments like that consistently in a long long time. This last school year I actually became very aware of the lack of these moments in my life and had a couple conversations with people about that. I'm almost not sure which is more painful, to not experience those moments or to recognize you haven't had those moments and consciously long for them.
...

I'm working on it though.  I'm getting hope back in my life; a healthy kind of hope. Not the hope of ambitions and desires I prop up, but a more generic hope of what I feel is coming. Good things are coming. Good things. Blissful things.
...

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment