Friday, July 24, 2009

Musicals Are Biblical

Sooooo, tonight I was at a bible study with some guys and we stumbled upon Ephesians 5:15-20:

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
...

I just want to go on record as saying that it is obvious that musicals are entirely biblical. The idea that people spontaneously burst into song, converse in song, and burst with their emotions in song, is all referenced in scripture.

We should pursue life being more like musicals. The next time I am singing "Seasons of Love" and someone tells me to shut up I will call down fire from Heaven on them.

Just imagine... a person will be smited by God in the name of RENT. Amen.
...

Also, a friend was talking about how he once told someone wearing a jersey to a team he didn't like that he would kick the *%&# out of them if they didn't take that shirt off.

So the kid actually took off his shirt and turned it inside out!
...

I have decided what I would respond if ever put in that situation.

"I'm about to make you a liar. It doesn't matter how much you kick me... I will not poop."

Suck that. I would even tuck my shirt in. That would show him.
...

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. the odds of me pooping my pants are very slim. very slim indeed. suck it. i love you.

    ReplyDelete