Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Looking Through A Different Lens

I feel like I am starting to struggle to see people through the same lens as God.  Not all the time, but I am noticing my struggle.
...

It is easier to not see people in that lens because they don't matter to you as much.  You don't feel this wicked amount of compassion being ripped from you all the time.  You don't want to be or feel as invested in everyone.  

And, as a consequence of caring or not caring for someone, they don't have the ability to hurt you as much.
...

But I would rather hurt and be You, Lord, than heal and be me.  Always.
...

"We shall draw nearer to God, not by trying to avoid the sufferings inherent in all loves, but by accepting them and offering them to Him; throwing away all defensive armour.  If our hearts need to be broken, and if He chooses this as the way in which they should break, so be it."
-C.S. Lewis

"Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins."
-1 Peter 4:8
...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment